Coloring, it’s not just for kids!

I’ve done some coloring and inking for a comic book a loooooong time ago and have been getting the itch to color again. While I was at Musecon they had an adult coloring drop-in session and I sat in and spent some time getting back into the swing of it.

Here is what I colored in that session. not sure if I’m going to finish it. Not sure how I want to actually

After I got home I dusted off my colored pencils found some coloring pages and started coloring. Here’s what I’ve completed so far.

My daughter actually has this hanging on her wall.

This one is my favorite so far.

Here are the tools that I use and my current piece that I’m working on.

The main box of pencils are the Rose Art colored pencil 72-count that you can get around school supply time for around $5. I also bought a cheap set of metallic pencils ($4) to play with those.

as always comments, suggestions, etc… are welcomed.

Catching up on posting my works

I’ve been bad about posting my latest pieces so here is to getting caught up.

Here are some of my knives. I have more that I’m working on finishing now.
All of these pictured are sold, but if you want in on my next batch let me know. I also make custom knives too. email me at

Here is a wooden wine caddy for holding two glasses on your bottle. They make a great gift!

Here are some wall mount plant hooks

Here is a coat rack made from reclaimed barn wood and hand forged double coat hooks

These were fun. Beer tap handles made from railroad spikes

A special request from a customer to match their beverage stakes that I make. A ground stake that holds a bucket of KFC chicken

Here is another customer request. A coat hook to fit over a cubicle wall

One of the things in blacksmithing is that you will sometimes need a tool, well while forging you can just make it! Here is a pair of scrolling tongs I made.

The following items I made were some of the items I made during the Musecon demo

Here is a hook with a leaf on it I made for our bathroom up north.

Here is a Rosebud made from horseshoe nails

As I get more stuff made and photographed I’ll get some posted. (It’ll be sooner than the last post, I promise!)

My newest creations

I’ve been real busy lately between spending time in the studio and one the forge. here are some of my latest creations, including the results of combining my blacksmithing with my glassblowing. I still have plans to make a steel “cage” out of round rod and blow glass into it. hopefully I’ll be able to get to that soon.

Some Tea Light Candle Holders

Some of my blacksmithing.
Miniature swords. Thank you to Colin Fung for the idea.

Bottle Openers

Handblown Glass candle holder with forged base

Handblown Glass Candle Holder with a forged scrollwork base with copper wrapped center.
Just finished these today and I have to say that I’m really happy with the way they turned out.

Results from my last glass studio session

Yes, even more pictures of the glass that I’ve been making. This time it’s a few more shot glasses and mainly large size paperweights. Following are the pictures. the colors aren’t perfect, I did take the pictures with my phone after all.
All of my glass is for sale and if you are interested please feel free to contact me. As always comments and thoughts are welcome.

The shot glasses. They aren’t perfectly round or straight but I think that adds to the character.



















Even more glass paperweights

Picked up my latest batch of glass while I went in for some more studio time last night. The ones with the white “sand” looking color are glow in the dark. the glow powder didn’t seem to want to melt in very well. This is probably one of the most fun and frustrating things working with glass, you do not know what the piece of going to look like once it’s out of the annealer. These paperweights are the small ones. With this last set I also made some shot glasses.
Let me know what you think.



















My visit to Milwaukee Blacksmith

In October I was able to go visit a blacksmith in nearby Milwaukee,Wi. the owner of the shop Kent “the Colonel” Knapp was kind enough to let me invade his shop, see some of his works in progress, and I actually got to help out with a couple of them. He also let me finish off one of my projects using his forge because it was too large for my forge.The project I finished off was the plant hangar that I had written about in my previous post. Here is the link to their Facebook page – Milwaukee Blacksmith
Kent and the gang are almost always doing live demos and running blacksmithing classes. I highly recommend that if you have the time and are in the Milwaukee area check them out.
I did get a chance to take a couple of pics with my phone while I was there. Here they are

A good view of the forge side of the shop

Kent getting ready to pull a piece out of the forge

A couple shots of Kent working a twist into a handle


I’ll be heading back up there Nov 22nd to take a class and hang out with them for a bit.